The Starlight Children's Center is a new collaboration between Early Head Start and First 5 of Santa Cruz County, with funding provided by First 5. This innovative program offers a wide variety of comprehensive bilingual services for expectant parents and families with infants and toddlers in the Watsonville area of south Santa Cruz County. A key goal is to create a "learning community" that promotes early literacy skills and helps lay a solid foundation for school readiness.
• pre and post-natal support to ensure healthy outcomes
• assessments on health, nutrition, and developmental areas
• ongoing parent education workshops
• individualized home visits and goal-setting
• infant and toddler play groups
• referrals to community resources
The Starlight Children's Center follows Early Head Start guidelines that promote early intervention, encourage parent involvement, and build on the strengths, interests, and needs of each family. The program works closely with other community partners and CFDP programs, including PAPÁS and Families Together.
For more information and to enroll in Starlight Children's Center, please call: (831) 688-3802 or (831) 724-3885